- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Mix the first 6 ingredients; rub over ribs. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Wrap rib racks in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat until tender, 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place ribs over direct heat; brush with some of the glaze. Grill, covered, over medium heat until browned, 25-30 minutes, turning and brushing ribs occasionally with remaining glaze.
1 serving: 486 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1543mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.